The Municipality of Villa Carcina is located north of Brescia and has about 10,600 inhabitants. The municipality comprises five residential areas – Cailina, Carcina, Cogozzo, Pregno and Villa – and covers an area of 14.41 square kilometres; the territory is mainly hilly-mountainous; the Mella river flows on the valley floor of the municipality, thus outlining a flatter central strip. The economic development of Villa Carcina is linked to artisan metalworking and iron and steel companies, heirs of the ancient artisan activities of the entire Valle Trompia. This area has several interesting sites, including Villa Glisenti – surrounded by its majestic garden – and some sections of the ancient Roman aqueduct. Church of Saints Emiliano and Tirso The parish church dedicated to saints Emiliano and Tirso was built between 1738 and 1754 on a pre-existing structure dating back to at least the 15th century. It was designed by Giovan Battista Marchetti, or perhaps Antonio Turbino. All that remains of the previous church is the apse and the old sacristy, while the current church contains paintings by Pietro Natali and Pietro Scalvini and frescoes by Francesco Monti.