Church of San Giacomo

Parish church in the hamlet of Carcina

The parish church of Carcina is dedicated to San Giacomo and work on its construction began in 1739 and was completed in 1782.

Its interior preserves paintings by Stefano Viviani, Francesco Giugno, Pietro Scalvini and Antonio Paglia. The left side of the presbytery leads to the Regis Chapel created in 1851, with an altarpiece by the Brescian painter Luigi Campini. The coeval bell tower was only equipped with a clock in 1792 and five bells in 1825.