Climbing & Vie Ferrate
Via Ferrata Caspai
Challenging via ferrata in the mountains of Lodrino
Are you ready to venture towards the via ferrata Caspai? Here you will find all the information needed and the possibility of downloading the route.
The itinerary starts from Lodrino in the locality of Pineta, where you can park your car, and following the signs for the ferrata, in 30 minutes, you will find yourself at the start of the climb. The Caspai is a challenging via ferrata classified as difficult, generally exposed, full of traverses, chimneys and vertical sections (amidst beautiful panoramas).
The last part of the trail, at a crossroads, includes a challenging variant with overhanging stretches that tend to tire the arms a lot (evaluate well before embarking on this variant). Alternatively, you can follow an easier variant which will take you to the summit of Corna Caspai (1393 m).
Please note: the only exit route present is just before the crossroads with the difficult variant.
- For the return journey, follow the signs for the Cavada Pass (1158 m), where a path leads back to the car park.
- For detailed information, visit “Ferrate 365.it” or “Vie Ferrate.it”
- Starting point: Pineta, Lodrino, 25060
- Starting altitude: 800 m
- Arrival: Corna di Caspai
- Arrival altitude: 1393 m
- Start of the trail 30 min +100 m difference in altitude
- Via ferrata 3 h +350 m difference in altitude
- Descent 1 hr
- 1230 m of cable
- Difficulty level: EE (experienced hikers)