In the area occupied by the Church of San Giovanni Battista, some stone findings foreign to Valle Trompia have led to the hypothesis that it was built on a Roman aedicule, on which another building of worship was erected in the 14th century, as evidenced by some remains found to the south. Today, the parish church appears as it did in 1625, the year of its consecration. The construction of a baptistery alongside the parish church on the southern side, was commissioned as early as 1567 but was actually completed in 1747, as evidenced by the date engraved in the extrados of the dome. It was built in the early 18th century on the initiative of the Pieve’s Scola del Corpus Domini to be used as its cemetery. It was later used as a women’s oratory and was completely renovated at the end of the 19th century. The only baptistery in Lumezzane, the building has an underground level divided into six small cells surmounted by a large octagonal room, embellished in the 18th century with a rich plastic-pictorial decoration.