Palazzo Avogadro is a historical-artistic institution in the municipality of Sarezzo. Unfortunately, the current structure results from numerous extensions that have partially distorted the original Medieval structure. It is made up of two buildings: the north one, older, includes the tower house and preserves the medieval structure: while the south one, newer, was compromised by renovations dating back to the 1970s. The inside of the palazzo to the north, on the upper floor, has some rooms of significant artistic value such as the first hall to the right frescoed between the 14th and 15th centuries with a re-enactment of an episode that actually took place in Valle Trompia between Guelphs and Ghibellines. It depicts a group of armed black bears (allegory of the Guelphs) confronting a group of armed white bears (allegory of the Ghibellines). In the same hall, there is also an Enthroned Madonna with Baby Jesus and Saint Martin the Bishop, both from the 15th century. In another room, also on the first floor, is a fresco of St Jerome from 1474. The building, owned by the Municipality, usually hosts the “Art Prize” organised annually by the Municipality of Sarezzo.