The Avogadro Tower is located on the high ground in the centre of Lumezzane Pieve, where it looks down over the valley. It is a 15th-century construction and was a garrison of the Avogadro family, lords of Lumezzane from 1427. The building, with its severe fortified layout, was surrounded by a moat with water taken from the Regnone stream and the entrance most likely had a drawbridge. In 1706, the tower underwent major restoration work, including the construction of pilasters in local stone on the façades, the cornice and the lantern on the roof, which was destroyed in the 19th century. Inside, the below-ground area was used as a prison; above ground, there are three vaulted floors plus an attic, while a double-height room has been preserved on the main floor. Outside, there were balconies until the 19th century, which no longer exist. The Avogadro Tower was owned by the Lechi, Facchinetti and Zani families and was purchased by the Municipality in 1865. After being used as municipal offices and a primary school, it is now an exhibition centre. It is only open for events.