The Sanctuary of the Madonnina is familiarly so called because of the small eastern shrine facing the sanctuary where a beautiful 15th-century Maestà appears.
Built between 1608 and 1620, it is part of a crucial moment in the architectural production of Pietro Maria Bagnatore, coinciding with the construction of the city sanctuary of San Maria del Lino.
The interior of the Sanctuary of the Madonnina, designed around a central plan, is covered with Marian-themed frescoes. They were painted by the Isean artist Domenico Voltolini in the second decade of the 18th century in the dome and pendentives, within the stucco squares by the brothers Benedetto and Carlo Antonio Porta (dated 1720). The sumptuous presbytery, frescoed in the mid-fifties by Paolo Corbellini, was completed in 1765.
Worth noting is the beautifully carved pulpit sculpted in 1713 by the Pialorsi of Levrange, famous master carvers also known as “Boscaì”, and the frontal of the high altar, by the same artists, which has a painting of the Holy Family dating back to the first half of the 18th century, similar to the manner of Antonio Cifrondi.
The church was solemnly consecrated on 11 June 1613, as commemorated by the plaque on the right side of the presbytery gate.