Church of San Cesario and towers
The Church of San Cesario rises at the edge of the district of the same name. The complex is dominated by the 1669 bell tower with two 1672 bells that bear the ancient version of the municipal coat of arms. The medieval church was built on the remains of a Roman building, and numerous Lombard relics have been reused in the perimeter walls. Only a few fragments of the original decorations are preserved, all of which can be attributed to the 14th and 15th centuries. Recent excavation works carried out in 2020 confirmed the presence of an important archaeological stratification dated between the Romanisation age and the early Middle Ages, making the Church of San Cesario one of the most important archaeological sites in northern Italy.